Palliative Care: Principles & PracticeS
“Palliative care services are under-resourced at the best of times. And these are not the best of times. As health systems become strained under COVID-19, providing safe and effective palliative care, including end-of-life care, becomes especially vital and especially difficult.”
– The Lancet Commission on Palliative Care and Pain Relief
About The Course
This 10-week virtual training program is designed for healthcare professionals interested in building clinical skills and competencies in palliative, holistic, and end-of-life care. Participants will receive both weekly class instruction and one-on-one mentorship as they learn where and how they can offer support to patients and families with serious health-related suffering due to severe illness.
Please note these resources are only available for those who have registered for the course.
- What is palliative care? Where and how can it be delivered?
- Management of pain and other common symptoms of life-threatening illness
- Psychosocial, spiritual, and ethical issues
- End of life care management
- Communication and breaking bad news
- Grief and bereavement
- Compassion fatigue, stress management and self-care for caregivers