Mobilizing COVID-19 Inpatients
a Physiotherapy e-Learning Course for Nurses
About The Course
This course will provide nurses with tools to safely and respectfully mobilize patients during any prolonged hospitalization. It encourages safe nursing practices and introduces patient self-nurturing activities to aid in the prevention of unnecessary loss of function due to contractures, breathlessness and loss of muscle strength and fitness.
Please note these resources are only available for those who have registered for the course.
- The nurse understands which physical disorders and limitations and psychosocial problems hinder the patient to do self-nurturing activities and get out of bed.
- The nurse is able to formulate (smart) goals together with the patient, which enable the patient to do self-nurturing activities and get out of bed.
- The nurse is able to draw up a nursing care plan together with the patient based on these goals, including the right exercises and the number of repetitions needed to achieve the goal.
- The nurse is able to reassure and motivate the patient to perform the exercises in the nursing care plan daily.
- The nurse is able to involve present family as much as possible in the implementation of the nursing care plan.
- The nurse is able to teach the exercises to the patient in the correct way and to perform the passive actions properly.
For more information or questions about this course contact us at email@example.com
For more information about Mercy Ships, the Mercy Ships Capacity Building Program and training opportunities please visit our Website https://mercyships.africa/training or contact us at MCB.MercyShips.org.