Help Us Respond
We are committed to bringing our experience, resources, and partners together to meet the increasing needs facing communities here in the U.S. and around the world.
Together, we have helped thousands of healthcare workers, children & families navigate this crisis!
Over the last year, Assist International has been hard at work distributing essential supplies, medication, food, and equipment to countries facing increased needs worldwide:
- For health facilities in remote locations, we launched a comprehensive COVID-19 series to provide healthcare professionals with remote training, mentoring, and support.
- Our experience with medical oxygen has been essential in reaching hospitals and health clinics with access to the tools and medication they need to save lives.
- We are continuing to actively respond to the needs of our child:assist partners in distributing food, soap, and critical medication.
- 3,100 liters of liquid soap & 3,090 masks were made and distributed for refugees & families across Northern Uganda!
- Alongside Step Up in Crisis, we distributed over 1M units of PPE to-date to front line healthcare workers across the United States.
- Our community:assist program continues to respond to the essential needs of local families who are significantly impacted by COVID-19.
ALLIANCE FOR NAVAJO SUSTAINABILITY
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the long-existing and intensifying lack of water security on Navajo Nation lands. As a result, the Alliance for Navajo Sustainability was formed as an effort to provide immediate water access and develop agricultural systems leading to improved overall health.
Now, more than ever, oxygen is a crucial treatment required for those whose lives are at risk during this global crisis. We are working with our partners to get this essential medicine and equipment to those who need it most.
We trained a team of safety compliant volunteers who have diligently served to keep our program running & distribute goods to local families in need. Supporting families and individuals with life’s essentials empowers them to begin the journey of restoring their homes, businesses, and livelihoods.
We are increasing the capacity of our partners to meet needs facing children and families in their communities by distributing emergency food, wash stations, PPE, and critical medication. We have also launched farming initiatives for long-term food security!
COVID-19 Tele-Education Series
Over the last year, we have collaborated with academic partners to develop and deploy comprehensive tele-mentoring series in Oxygen Therapy and Critical Care, providing clinicians and biomedical professionals with remote training, a platform for discussion, and sharing of best practices in caring for COVID-19 patients within resource variable settings.
COVID-19 Clinical Resources For Healthcare Providers
- NEW: PATH: Oxygen Generation and Storage Series
- NEW: Global Fund: COVID-19 Response Mechanism (Funding Requests)
- NCD Alliance: COVID-19 Resources Relevant to NCDs
- COVID-19 Protocols Resource
- Oxygen Supply & Delivery FAQ
- Open Critical Care: COVID-19 Resources
- TZ ECHO 0.5% Chlorine Video
- Open Critical Care: The Oxygen CalculatorPATH: COVID-19 Oxygen Needs Tracker
- Open Critical Care: The Respiratory Care Pocket Card
- Ventilator Circuit, Filters and Humidification Setup
- Oxygen Supply & Delivery FAQ by World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists, the University of California San Francisco Anesthesia Division of Global Health Equity, and OPENPediatrics.
- John Hopkins University: COVID-19 Dashboard
- WHO Academy: COVID-19 Learning Centre – A mobile learning app targeted specifically to health workers
- WHO: Maintaining essential health services: operational guidance for the COVID-19 context
- Africa CDC: Guidance for the continuation of essential health services during COVID-19 pandemic
- WHO: Operational considerations for case management of COVID-19 in health facility and community
- WHO: Health Alert WhatsApp Group (Dedicated messaging service available in multiple languages)
- WHO: Country and Technical Guidance on COVID-19 Database
- WHO: The COVAX Facility – Global Procurement of COVID-19 Vaccine
TREATMENT & CARE GUIDELINES
GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS (OBSTETRICS, PEDIATRICS, HIV)
CRITICAL CARE – GENERAL RESOURCES
CRITICAL CARE – RESPIRATORY CARE & VENTILATION
CRITICAL CARE – CARDIAC CARE
SURGICAL CARE IN THE CONTEXT OF COVID-19
OXYGEN THERAPY IN THE CONTEXT OF COVID-19
COVID-19 SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
PPE — GENERAL
PPE – INFECTION & CONTROL
DO IT YOURSELF PPE
CONSERVATION AND EXTENDED USE OF PPE
LIFEBOX RESOURCES ON N95 DECONTAMINATION & REUSE
RESOURCE PLANNING — GENERAL
RESOURCE PLANNING – OXYGEN THERAPY
Where will your donation go?
To purchase essential medical equipment, provide oxygen therapy and train on the ground healthcare workers in highly affected areas.
To help supply essential and practical resources into the hands of families that are most vulnerable right here within our local community.
To provide vulnerable children with basic needs such as food, water, and soap as well as support our partners who house and care for them.
Assist International is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization since 1990 (ID: 77-0243475). All donations are tax-deductible where allowed by law.
Donations via check or money order may be given by mail. Please make donations payable to “Assist International” and indicate any designations on the memo line.
800 S Stockton Ave
Ripon, CA 95366
Call (209) 599-1890 to make a donation by phone. Someone from our team will assist you and answer any questions you may have about your donation.
97% of every donation goes directly into our programs that address the needs of the world’s vulnerable people. We value the trust you have placed in our organization, and we strive for the highest financial accountability ratings.